K-Optional is a software development firm eager to build solutions and custom programs for any project you want to tackle.
Our secret sauce is a revenue model that serves you. Don’t worry about unexpected hourly bills: We only get paid once you receive the game-changing code. We’re here to help you build things that are great -- even when your budget is not.
We’re based in Austin, Texas, but ready to work with you no matter where you are. Whether you’re a 20,000-person organization or a corner store with big ideas, you’re in competent hands with K-Optional.
Work with a team that’s experienced across industries and equipped to study and solve your problems. We develop in just about every language and infrastructure, so your software will be custom-tailored to do exactly what you need.
Anything is possible. Bring your ideas to life with K-Optional.
What Our Customers Say
A Pipeline Maintenance Software Suite
Maxwell Pipeline surveys and tests flow rates of arteries across the US. When they hired us, the system involved manual spreadsheet entry and email transmission. Since then, we built (and helped to design) an industry-leading solution:
- Surveyors use our mobile app to collect flow measurements on-scene.
- At the same time, pipe owners use a web portal that we built to see a live GPS data feed (pictured).
- Maxwell schedules about 10 tests per week on a separate portal of our making.
LogisticsAndroidFirebaseiOSVue.jsMobile App DevelopmentSMS / Email Integration
University of Texas, Nursing Facility Quality Review
A Smart Survey Desktop App for the University of Texas Nursing
The Nursing Facility Quality Review team is conducting statewide study on Texas Medicaid-certified nursing facilities. K-Optional built and shipped the survey platform.
- The software elegantly models the intricate structure of such a survey; questions and entire sections depend on previous answers.
- We advised on best UI practices for user input. For example, we chose typeaheads for long lists of drugs and presented a text box if selection of “other”.
- The app aggregates form state into an excel output file with precise specs.
An Insurance Claim Scheduling Software
Mega hail storms leave thousands with car damage overnight. RepairDispatch handles high volumes of insurance claims in the wake of these storms. It schedules appointments between approved auto shops and claimants. An entire call center uses the platform to help facilitate claim scheduling.
- RD has covered ~30 major storms in the past year, helping 40 call center reps handle 20,000 claims.
- It features a robust data visualization tool, helping our clients make big business decisions.
- It integrates with Google Calendar, Twilio and five other third party platforms.
Auto RepairAPIAWSTwillioVue.jsCustomer Management SoftwareDatabase ManagementSMS / Email Integration
An API-first eSign platform
WaiverStevie is a service for collecting electronic signatures. Over 10,000 people have signed documents on the platform. Its users span industries like HR, construction, property-management, and event planning. Hence we built WaiverStevie from the ground up to be able to add eSign right into any app.
- You can sign any PDF. Also, on your dashboard you can mark where the dates, fields, and signatures should go.
- The API lets you use all features through code. Plus webhooks notify you when people sign. With this in mind, customers can easily include eSign in their automated systems.
- WaiverStevie is secure and legal.
LogisticsAPIPHPStripeAccepts PaymentsCustomer Management SoftwareMarketing PagePayment IntegrationUI/UX
Local News Mega App
Consulted & contracted to build a mega app with distributions for 15+ local newspapers. Each application integrates with the paper’s WordPress CMS to render posts, articles, and headlines on both mobile operating systems.
- Implemented paywall with support for freemium content.
- Built advertisement mechanism allowing publishers to dynamically populate ads in different locations.
- Utilized WordPress REST API and Ionic 4 framework .
- Search functionality by category and title
AndroidAPIIoniciOSStripeTwillioWordpressMobile App DevelopmentUI/UX
GETCHO - Anything Delivered
An on-demand transport app
GETCHO (“get-cho”) is a platform for requesting instant deliveries of up to 40 miles. Forget mail- we send a courier to the pickup point the second you submit an order. He’ll read your order notes like “Home Depot Curbside Pickup: order #43343”, and safely deliver the payload to wherever it needs to go. Great for shopping pickups, library book drop-offs, as well as help with moving objects (up to 110 pounds).
- The app provides live tracking while orders are in progress.
- It accepts payment via Stripe.
- We guarantee delivery just about anywhere in the US.
LogisticsShippingAndroidiOSStripeAPIReactPostmates APIAccepts PaymentsUI/UX
Matching & connecting job seekers and employers
- Geographic search allowing employers to connect with job seekers within any radius.
- Subscription management with four plans and search quotas per plan.
- Email pipeline; notification topics include matches, inactivity, and company updates.
- The lookfindme ® team is happy to field questions about their site development: email@example.com.
AWSAPINodeJsStripeVue.jsAccepts PaymentsDatabase ManagementMarketing PageServer DevelopmentSMS / Email IntegrationWebdesign
- Auto Repair
- Media & Entertainment
- Customer Management Software
- Database Management
- Hardware Integration
- Mobile App Development
- Payment Integration
- Server Development
- SMS / Email Integrations
- Social Media
- UI / UX
Languages & Infrastucture
- AWS, Google Cloud